Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gratitude Shmatitude....

I have a problem....

I can freely admit it....

Gratitude is important to me....Very Important. I expect a lot from the people around me. I am always careful to make people feel appreciated. A little appreciation, after all, goes a long freaking way. Have you ever held the door for some one....and they just breeze through it without so much as a fuck you or kiss my ass....like you're the God damn untouchable doorman! Hey! You're fucking welcome! Wishing you could go back and trip them right as they reached the threshold!

I don't ask for much in this life...I really don't. I'm not in it for the money, the women or the fame. But what I do expect from the people around me...is a little freaking courtesy. It isn't difficult by the way. Not so hard to thank some one for a job well done. Or for going the extra mile. For being a good friend. Or for thinking of some one elses needs first....then yourself.

When you meet these people....ungracious assholes....you will know them by their credo....
-ME ME ME-
Pretty easy to remember so they don't get confused. Life is all about me. World revolves around me. Everyone is here to serve me.

These people may give the impression that they care about you. Care about your conversations. Do not be fooled. They are just waiting for you to shut up so they can have their turn to talk. They may be cautious to give eye contact for fear of actual human interaction. This distracts them from their credo of -ME ME ME-. They will most likely deflect conversation by typing away on their precious cell phones. Most likely dissing your ass in a status update on Twit. And finally, they have a difficult time showing any form of gratitude. They will go out of their way to not say thank you.

Who the hell is to blame for people like this??? Parents? That's my guess. Sheltered. Spoiled. Protected from real life where not everyone is here to serve you. Parents...socialize your children. Beat them if you have to. But please, stop producing selfish little pricks. If this trend does not change, there will be consequences. If I have to take an adult man or woman....and put them over my knee.....and paint their back door red....I WILL. I am not afraid to discipline a grown man. So please take these matters out of my hands, before I start using those hands as weapons of mass discipline. SMACK!

Food for thought....
Check in tomorrow...

No comments: