Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Seriously....come on....

This post will seem trivial....and sexist....so this is your chance to cut and run....

Okay. For those of you who chose to stay....Is having your period that bad? Seriously, hear me out. How bad is having your period???? Apparently, some people would rather have blood clots, stroke or heart attack just to only have four periods a year!!!

Holy shit are you kidding me??? I am not trying to make light of menstruation. In fact, quite the opposite. I think it must be painful, annoying and inconvenient. I get it. But wouldn't you rather endure some pain, annoyance and inconvenience, rather than endure....oh I don't know....death?

If some doctor came to me and said, "tired of getting hit in the nuts?" My response would be like...."yup, it does suck to get hit in the nuts." But if he told that he could cut off one of my testicles with a rusty blade, that could possible give an infection that could kill me....just so I could have a 50% less chance of getting hit in the nuts?????? I would probably just say no, and deal with the risk of catching a ball shot. Maybe its not a great comparison, but the point is, your body works the way it does for a reason. You have a monthly visitor for a reason. I don't have gills for a reason. You don't have an ass in the middle of your forehead for a reason.

We, as a society have gotten too smart for our own damn good. Finding new and ingenious ways to retreat from real life into a predestined world of fake ass bullshit. You talk with people on FB to avoid having a real conversations. Logging out as soon as someone tries to IM you. "Nope....I didn't want to really talk, just wanted to see how fat you have gotten since High School."

We are the fattest, laziest generation to date. We are one step away from the damn dinosaurs. Too busy twittering and self medicating to realize that we are about to fall into the tar pit. It boggles my mind that someone would see a commercial on TV that says it might save you some time, or it could kill you, and people get on board. I think I would rather bleed out of my eyes once a month than take medicine that might freaking give me a stroke.

When my pecker goes soft, not any time soon hopefully, but when it does I will have to accept that my body is saying, "you're not fit for freaking anymore buddy." I am not going to pump my body full of little blue pills to get a 3 hour long chub. You have my word on that....check in twenty years from now to get the story.

Food for thought....
Check in tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cried from laughing so hard...seriously.